Friday 30 November 2012

H.I.V.E Book 1 Review

Title: H.I.V.E - Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Author: Mark Walden

Genre: Children’s/ Action/ Sci -Fi/ Adventure

Publisher: Macmillan
Publication date: 2006
Paperback: 298 pages

Series?: Yes, it is a series of 8 books.

How did I get this book: I borrowed it from the school library.

Why I read this book: It looked like a really good, and my friends recommended it.


Blurb:
H.I.V.E. (Higher Institute of Villainous Education) is a top-secret school of applied villainy where children with a precocious gift for wrongdoing are sent to develop their talents into criminal mastermind. After all, 'villains have the best lines and wear the best costumes'. One small catch is that the children cannot leave until training is complete, six years later. With villainy comes a certain freedom of thought, and every year one student in particular will show exceptional talent - after all, it takes the best to produce the worst. This year there are two students: Otto Malpense and his new friend Wing Fanchu are both exceptionally bad, and they are definitely not keen on being held against their will for six long years...

Review:
  • Loved this book as it was full of action and had unpredictable twists in the plot.
  • It was interesting right from the start - which I always think is important.
  • The characters were interesting and likable. 
  • You could really imagine H.I.V.E and all the teachers and characters. Let's your imagination run wild.
  • Makes you want  to read the next one!


Want top read more book reviews? Visit 'Worth the Read?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and have discussions on the post topic! ;)